Saturday, April 5, 2008

I love Conference

This morning I was a bit anxious for Conference to start. This is our first time to not have cable, and I've heard horror stories of the internet crashing. I knew we'd at least be able to HEAR it, but I wanted the children (and I) to SEE it. Heavenly Father answered my prayers. Conference was a tad delayed, compared to the radio broadcast (probably by 2 minutes), but it came through on www.byu.tv. It's so wonderful to be a part of and witness a Solemn Assembly. I know the children thought I was a wreck, but tears flowed freely as time after time, group after group, each person raised their hand to sustain our Prophet Thomas S. Monson. It must have been wonderful for the Prophet, his counselors and the 12 Apostles see the support of the members of the church. I hope their tasks don't seem so heavy now. I love the Church, the Gospel...I know it's true!!!! I wish everyone could know of it's truth...would allow the seed of truth to be planted in their hearts and feel it grow!!!!

After the sustaining part of Conference I felt a sweet sadness in my heart for the people I know and care for, who totally missed out on the Gordon B. Hinckley era of the Church. He was truly a Prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet now. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is true. It IS Christ's Church...it's patterned after the Church Christ established when He lived on earth.

If you would like to watch Conference go to www.byu.tv and go to 5 April, 2008 @ 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. and you can watch it. It'll be on tomorrow at those times, too. Jeff & Dibs are at the Priesthood Session now. In October Peterman will go too. It's so wonderful !!! Oh, I love Conference!!!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

I loved it too. I'm sure it will start to seem easier now for them. I can't imagine how empty it must seem around their haunts without Gordon B. Hinckley. Juan said now that Monson is the prophet, it will be a 3 ring circus, he's such a fun guy and the show has begun! He's so good though, I want to learn to follow the Spirit like him; just gotta love that Tommy Monson!