Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Well, Googla & I just went to Googla's Kindergarten Placement test.  Grueling---for me.  She said it was fun.  I think it's a test they give AFTER Kindergarten to see if they are ready for 1st grade.  For some reason Googs still has difficulty with the ABC's.  She gets it one day and then the next it's like she has to relearn it.  I know that children all learn at their own pace.  I wish I would know how to say things so she'd understand, and that things would stick.  It was hard sitting there and have her look confused and embarrassed, and not be able to help her.  The teacher was very nice and patient, and kept complimenting her.  I'm not ready to have her away from me, but the Kindergarten teachers at Farrer are SOOOOO nice, I know she'll do fine.  

No comments: