Wednesday, October 8, 2008

KC Temple 10 minutes from Home!!!!!

They announced WHERE the KC Temple will be.  Shoal Creek...in Clay County...It's 10 minutes from home...near what we lovingly nicknamed Buffalo Park.  We used to go to what is really named "Hodge Park" for Family Picnics, and to watch the buffalos roam.  It's a beautiful green grassy rolling hills and wooded area.  It's in my home Stake boundaries.  I'm so amazed and happy.  It really will be easy for my folks to get to the Temple.  What a wonderful long-awaited answer to prayers.  Momma said years ago when they chose to live in Clay County they thought they were moving there to be near Daddy's work at the airport---but now she realizes it's because they wanted to be near the Temple.  :)   I can hardly wait to go home--I'm hoping the gas prices keep going down so we can!

2 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

Oh how wonderful! I was excited to hear that too. When we were living in Odessa, MO our temple was in Dallas, TX. Our ward never took a temple trip the whole 3 years that I lived there and I missed out on that as a youth. Then they built St. Louis and I was so happy for everyone. Can you imagine... just outside of Jackson County. Amazing! Happy Day for you and your family!
-Jessica

Jonna said...

Jamille-My sources tell me that the temple is even closer than that-like maybe not just in Liberty Stake, but actually in Grandma's ward! I think we are going to go get some video of the area in the next day or two. And by the way, gas is 2.79 today here in KC, so it looks like you can go home soon after all. John wants to know, by the way, if you will be coming home for Christmas.