Sunday, October 5, 2008

Temple in KC!!! :)

General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began yesterday morning.  It's so wonderful to listen to the counsel of the Lord's servants.   Prophet Monson spoke of Temple dedications and was pleased to announce 5 new Temple sites.  I was taking notes.  I put down the tally and started to write down the names. 1-Calgary AB, 2-Cordoba, Argentina, 3- greater Kansas City....my hand shot up in affirmation, I yelled YES!!! and then I began to sob...I grew up in Greater KC, in Clay County, MO....my Home.  I missed hearing #4--(Philadelphia, PA)  5- Rome, Italy.  I wished I could've been in my home ward in Liberty, MO to be there as the Prophet announced the Temple in KC....What was the reaction?  Did they shout and sob, too?  My children kept asking if I was ok.  I said, "I'm so happy, can't you tell?"  I AM happy!  I am so anxious to find out exactly WHERE in Greater Kansas City the Temple will be placed.  There are so many Church History sites near KC....Liberty, Independence, Adam-ondi-Ahman, Far West...those parcels of land have been procurred long since many years, and have been maintained by the Church for all of those years...  My folks served several years in the St. Louis, MO Temple as Ordinace workers.  I am so pleased that this Temple will be so much closer to them.  I truly am happy!  Finally, finally there will be a Temple in the New Jerusalem.  What a glorious time to be alive!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Shellie said...

Those are all going to be awesomely useful temples. How exciting, really!

Diane said...

As soon as I heard the news I thought of you! I hope it's near Liberty--wouldn't that be so cool?

Jonna said...

Can you believe how close it is! By Hodge Park and in our very own Liberty Stake!!!