Monday, October 27, 2008

this past week

It has been a very Happy Birthday week to me!   

On the 16th my VT came to wish me a Happy bday, and on the 17th brought over a fantastically scrumptious Apple pie--in a pie plate that is mine to keep--I feel spoiled!

One of the gals at school gave me a cute bag of "lotions and potions".  So nice ! 

At the Chili Cookoff, on the 18th, I had many people who wished me a Happy early B-day. 

My B-day is really on the 19th and I have had a greeting of some sort every day since!  People are so nice to me!  I really need it AND appreciate it!!!!! 

Jeff gave me a FABULOUS stainless steel-used-to-be-at-school fridge.  It was broken so it couldn't be sold off at the school surplus auction/sales.  Jeff takes the "it can't be fixed challenge" almost daily and 99.9% of the time it IS fixable...that is the case with my fridge.  Jeff is amazing and I'm still pinching myself to try and understand how I am so lucky to have him as my husband!  He's a tremendous blessing in my life! THANKS!!!!

The kids made a great sign for me that they all worked on. I need to post photos so you can see how nice & fun it was.  Gracias!

Momma & Daddy phoned--I love to hear their voices!!! 

Jenny Sanford called.  We got to talk a few short minutes.  I miss her!!!! ( Thanks for the WalMart  $ card--I bought a much needed belt.) 

My big Sis Jan facebook-wished me a happy b-day.  :) ... so did lots of my friends!.. and Jessica & Shellie Happy Blogged me.  :) 

My sis Jolene phoned me.  We had a fun time.  I got to tease my bro-in-law for being ancient, he is after all 3 whole days older than I am.

 A neighbor borrowed our plunger one morning a few weeks ago.  She brought us a THANK YOU Sweet Potato pie. Yummmm!

Kanani, Alice, and Keiko gave me Chocolate and a nice card.  :)

One of the gals I used to visit teach gave me some Chocolate Chip Cookies.

One of the nice Grandma's in our ward walked 3 blocks to my house to give me a  B-day card because I wasn't in our ward on Sunday (I was at the 8th Ward, Ward conference) 

My dear friend brought me a beautiful autumn colored bouquet with a sweet note. :)

I got a very nice phone call from a friend who couldn't drive to see me because she's just had eye surgery.

My sister Jonna emailed and then phoned me.  I wish I could see all of my family again soon!
 
My John Flankin Boy (my brother) sent me a dvd of our Winnetonka High School Marching Band.  SOOO Fun!  He also sent 2 Cherry Mashes, and a cd/dvd storage pack thingy. Yahoooo!

My bro-in-law called--that was a treat! 

Even last night my friend Jane asked if I had had a good b-day.

So, this has been an incredible week--I'm so thankful for everyone who took a little extra time to smile at me and well-wish me.  You've encouraged me to be a kinder person!  Thanks for being so nice to me!  Really Thanks!                           

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Millie- I'M glad you had such a good week and thanks for posting it so we could all enjoy it too. It is nice to know our "baby" girl is loved by so many besides just us. Love Mom

Team Heaton said...

Happy Birthday (belated) to you! I'm so glad you had such a fabulous week- you deserve it!