Wednesday, November 5, 2008

the morning after

Well my sister Jonna said it just the way I feel.  She said she's "hoping the thread that the Constitution is clinging to will be strong enough." 

Although I obviously would have preferred the Presidential Election  go a different way, I am happy the local elections turned out the way they did.   I do have confidence that locally we can make a difference.  It was nice to not have to listen to the drama of the "hanging chad".. :)  Okay, I am trying to look for positives.

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Another positive-Prop. 8 in California and related measures in Florida and Arizona. Also, as some have said, now we know who the true conservatives are, which hopefully will help in strengthening the conservative movement nationwide. It would be nice if the Republican party has learned its lesson. Whenever they choose a nominee who is too willing to leave some core principles behind, this is what happens.