Monday, November 10, 2008

Today's tangent

I opened "Waterford" this morning.  That means I unlocked the doors and started the computers for the Waterford pilot learning center that is set-up in the Bonneville Stake Center Family History lab.  I love Waterford!  Wacky learned to read through the program.  I used to open the center  2 or 3 times a week depending on what year it was.  Now that Googla is in school I don't have a regular shift.  It's kinda sad to be there without Wacky or Googla.  Googs is using the "Headsprout" computer program at Farrer Elementary.  It's good, a little bit different approach than Waterford, but still good.  Googs is ready to be reading.  She loves to sound out words.  I'm so happy for her!  This morning at scriptures she knew many of the words in her verse. It makes her happy! She wants to be able to read so she can really join in. Next we need to get her some shoes that are laced so she can learn to tie them.  Baby is growing up!!!  :) 

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Those sound great, I'm going to look at them on my "real" computer that has video. The preschool used Starfall, which the twins liked and it helped them learn the letters better.