Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

It WAS a Happy Mother's Day!!! My family did everything possible to make sure it was a wonderful day for me. I'm not deserving, but am VERY thankful!!!

Jeff and Mirielle revamped the hallway upstairs. I now have a much more suitable place to put my clothes. The hallway is nice, too. Claire played a part in it too. She relinquished her rights to a bureau, and will now be claiming a bookshelf instead....it's going to work out just fine!
On Saturday afternoon the crew disappeared for a while and went to search out treasures for me. While they were gone I heard a knock at the door. I had a feeling of who it could be, and was very pleased it was who I thought. Shannon was here. She returned a book she had borrowed from Mirielle. We had a good chat about nothing, and everything. It really was nice. Somewhere in the middle, friends came over to show us the fabulous job they've done with the LJ20 Jeep. They bought it from us last summer. It was Colby's mission fundraiser. The Massengill's are from Tennessee and so nice to be around. Jeff and the children came home and we all stood around chatting for another hour or so.

Sunday morning the children treated me to breakfast in bed...crepes with nutella, fresh fruit, whipped cream, yogurt, granola...yummy! They brought in gifts: flowers for the garden-- cosmos, geraniums, salvia, marigolds, lobelia... and a hanging basket--wandering jew, hosta, and a waxy green jade-ish plant?...handmade soap and also Strawberry preserves from the Beehive Bazaar, 2 stain glass ornament creations, homemade cards, the new Mary Higgins Clark book-- "I'll Walk Alone." I felt a tremendous outpouring of love! Jeff had to leave for a meeting and then the children trickled downstairs in search of their own crepes. It was a very relaxed time.

I got to Visit Teach one of my favorite people (Doreen Edwards) with one of my favorite companions (Carolyn Hirz). We always have a fun time laughing and learning together. We discussed Elder Quentin Cook's talk about Womanhood and I shared my favorite scripture: 3 John 1:4. It was a lovely time.

The kids prepared a picnic lunch. Bagels, chicken salad, ham & cheese or turkey meat, carrots, cucmbers, lettuce, pretzels or chips....it was a sandwich bar. We had the picnic in the garage. It was crazy and fun!

Church is always good. Jeff conducted. I love it when it's his turn! I enjoyed the talks. They all spoke of Womanhood/Mothers/Respecting Women. Casey, one of the newest Deacons, spoke of how Jesus in his last days was sure to find someone to take care of his mother Mary when he'd be gone. Jesus treated women with care and respect, and so should we. My niece & nephew Meredith & Jake Logan also spoke. Meredith talked a lot about her mother, my deceased sister Jill. She held it together much better than I could have. She spoke of traits a woman should acquire and then teach to her children. Jake 's talk was similar, but he said that the women should be a lighthouse of direction/guidance for their children. They did an inspiring job.

I left Relief Society early. It was hard to do because the lesson was super good.....but I needed/wanted to be home by 4. Colby was calling then. The call actually came at 4:10. He sounded SOOOOOO good! He was glad to talk to all of us. Jeff and I had listened to a talk on the "Mormon Channel" and it prompted us to write down questions to ask Elder Sanford. He got transferred and is now 3.5 hours south of the Mission Home, instead of a 5 minute bike ride away. He's excited to get to know a different, more rural side of Taiwan. We laughed because he kept slipping into Mandarin. I LOVE it !!!! I love that he is becoming so immersed in the work! Missionary life and service is unbelievably wonderful!

They made Chicken Cordon bleu, boiled red potatoes, green beans, and salad for dinner. Scrumptious!!! It was cute to see Logan pounding the chicken into a uniformly thin piece, just right to wrap around the ham slices and cheese. The kids all had some part in the preparation.

I got to talk to MY Mom. I love her so much. Because of her, I have the Gospel in my life. She is a great example of service and love. She is taking care of my Daddy...people get paid to do what she does. She serves him because many years ago she fell in love with him. She made a promise and she's making good on it now. She is an amazing woman. I'm anxious to visit my folks this summer.

Junie made Grandma Jude's Brownies for dessert. It's the best brownie recipe ever!

My day was full and rich...literally and spiritually speaking. I love being a woman, wife, mother, and daughter. Mother's Day was wonderful! Thanks!!!!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

You blogged about me! :) Yeah! haha

Happy Mother's Day to you. Love ya!

Jam said...

Yay to you!!!...you read my blog!!! :D

Ingrid said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Love you!