Thursday, May 5, 2011

Taiwan * 18

Here are parts of his letter:

Hey
Our Preparation day was changed to Wednesday this week because today, we are going to the Temple. yeah! so that's why this is coming not when it usually does. sorry, I forgot to mention that last week... I remember the last time, it was a blast.
So chances are that I am going to move this next movecall...It's interesting to think about the change that that means. New ward, new people, new area, new companion. Pretty much everything new. I wanted to make the most out of these last few days in my first area, so I prayed that for something to help me do that. I had the opportunity not too much later after that to have a sit down with Cai. He is a father that came a few weeks in a row to church but we hadn't heard from him because he works alot. I didn't know how ready he was until this last sunday when I had the chance to actually talk to him. I knew he was ready for a serious goal when he used the word "our church" in reference to our church. He was owning it as his church. I was so happy to hear him talking like that. Turns out he reads and prays every single day. I had no idea. The Lord prepares people who are ready... I invited him to get baptised on the 14 of this next month just before we leave. This will give me a great opportunity to focus on him a lot before I leave. He is such a great man. We're trying to get his family to come to church too. There hasn't been too much interest there, but when they come to the baptism, they will see just how amazing the church is. Eternal Families!!! WHOO!!!!

I'm starting to focus on characters now. I finished going through Phase II, so now on to Phase III which is all characters. IT'S SO FUN!!! The thing that I am most excited for is to be able to read and understand the Chinese so that I can read with the investigators and really expound on the scriptures and apply them to their lives. I can do it now ok with the Pin Yin, but some of the meaning it lost there. I also like the idea of my language study consisting of reading the Book of Mormon for an hour everyday. I can't wait. I'm going to try and get these 3000 characters needed to read the triple memorized fast. WHOO!

I'm reading in 3 Nephi right now about when CHrist comes. I am trying to slow down and really get the meaning out of these chapters with Christ's instruction in them and his coming. I'm really loving it. I know that what I read really happened. I know that Christ came and died and was resurrected for us all. When I think about it, I am filled with such wonderful feeling. The testimony of the Holy Ghost is such a wonderful treat. I is also interesting to think about all of the destruction that came before Christ and how it is all a testament of the truthfulness of the Savior and Redeemer of the world. THE GOSPEL IT AWESOME! I love it so much.
THank-you for all of your support and prayers....
Love ya all!
Elder Sanford

His letters are so inspiring to the entire family. We love hearing his stories. It's wonderful that he is part of such a great work. He truly wants to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord.

No comments: