Tuesday, May 17, 2011

T-20

Jamille interjections are in blue this week. I am always trying to figure out what is too private to share or not ...I hope I'm doing an okay job.

Ok, so the past week has been pretty intense. I have been working so hard in so many different aspects. One thing that I have really enjoyed though is moving into this new apartment. The missionary that I replaced was Elder Braby's last senior. Elder Braby just went senior with me as his junior this move call. ...I have been having a blast coming in .... Scrubbing, organizing and cleaning. Any free time that I have had at the apartment, which is pretty much none, I have taken to focus on bringing the Spirit into the apartment. I honestly have been having a blast doing it too. It's so fun to just have everything organized and spotless and clean. ( I hope this holds over after the mission :D!!! ... & to be fair though he has always been the child to enjoy cleaning.) We're putting alot of finishing touches and reorganizing alot of things later today. I can't wait.
Also, I am just all around loving this new area. Everything that I have learned is going into helping this place out. The branch is awesome. The Ward mission...has everything super organized. Probably the best ward mission leader in Taiwan. We go over to his house every tuesday for lunch and there is always somebody there to teach. THis past week, we taught a guy who just recently married a member and so he is looking pretty seriously into the church. They have three children from previous marriages. Only one of the kids is a member already. This whole family is going to get this gospel though. I can't wait until they can be sealed in the Temple for forever. ETERNAL FAMILIES. WHOO!
I am so greatful for the chance to work here in Chao Zhou. The spirit and everything is just right, and I know this is where I am supposed to be serving right now. I am really enjoying being companions with Elder Braby as well. He is a great teacher. I am learning so much. He has sent two missionaries home now, so he has a lot of knowledge, I'm just trying to soak it all up.
I'm reading right now in Mormon. I am just so amazed at how amazingly strong he is in the face of all adversity. He was the leader fo the Nephite Army when they were all pretty much as wicked as possible and he still was a humble hard worker that knows what he needs to do to serve the Lord and does it. Such a wonderful example to me. Right at the end of chapter three, he talks a little bit about how everybody that is a decendent of Adam will be judged before the thrown of Christ. And because of that, he says, (vs. 22): "And I would that I could persuade all ye ends of the earth to repent and prepare to stand before the judgement seat of Christ." ONe of the biggest thing he wants in life is to persuade people to repentance. And I think that it is because he has such solid knowledge of the plan. He knows that we all need to repent. I really love Mormon.
Anyways, yes, the mission is going great. I am loving it and working hard. I am seeing the hand of the Lord more and more in my life. it is just to wonderful to rely on him for everything. Thank-you for all of the prayers. I know that they help.
Love Ya All,
Elder Sanford

No comments: