Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm so excited for Mirielle! She is once again in the Relief Society Presidency in her Singles ward. What a fun calling! She was the Secretary a few years ago and she really enjoyed it, she was on Activites committee too. She also enjoyed that. Then she was the Visiting Teacher Coordinator. She learned a lot about how things should run, and towards the end of that calling she was trying hard to fulfill it the best she could.

I love how in the Church we all get the opportunity to serve and grow. Lately, it has become very evident to me that it matters not what one is called to do. What is really important is that one should "dig in" and serve with full heart! Sometimes I get in a rut with my duties then, as if in a cycle, I realize that I am concentrating more on myself, than on the people I can serve...and then I try harder to do what I should do...and the self inflicted pity/burden is lifted, the Lord steps in and I CAN do my calling. If I keep the Lord and the people over whom I have stewardship FIRST, before me, then I can do my callings right!

I know that Mirielle enjoys her callings because she immerses herself in them. She tries to learn what she can do to fulfill what is asked of her, and then she truly tries to do what is expected. Thanks Mirielle for your good example!

No comments: