Monday, May 23, 2011

Taiwan 22

Hey,
How is everybody doing. Good to hear that this week was full of alot of fun stuff. Yeah June for getting into Advanced Dance for next year, that is cool. The Robin looks cool too. driving that is probably going to be a blast. I'm glad to hear that you are all still doing stuff together.
This past week was crazy for me too. On Thursday, there was a training meeting in Gao Xiong that my companion had to go to, so Elder Chung came up from Hung Chun to stay with me for the day while my Elder Braby and his companion Elder Petters went to the meeting together. They stayed the night in our apartment the night before and the night after. I spent the day in Chao Zhou with Elder Chung on Thursday and it was actually pretty fun. He lived in Draper, but he went to BYU as a music major. He played the Viola. He's Pro I guess. Thursday night, Elder Petters, who also went to BYU for a while, asked me if I knew somebody by the name of "Bee Money". Elder Petters actually listened to his music and knew a lot of his songs. It was fun to talk about Provo for a little bit. But then on Friday, they left and I went to Gao Xiong for Zone Leader Exchanges. It was interesting to serve with Elder Huang, my zone leader, for a day. Having a Chinese companion would be interesting. We'll see if that ever happens though. Anyways, good week and I had alot of good learning experiences.
One thing that came to mind yesterday was a scripture that I love in 2nd Timothy 1 verse 7:"For the Lord hath not given us the spirit of fear. But of power, of love, and of a sound mind." I wanted to know more of the context of that, so I read the chapter. Then I read the Chapter after that. Then I decided that I liked it all and flipped open to Matthew, the very beginning and started reading a few chapters there. I loved the feeling that I was reading and learning of Christ. I love reading the Book of Mormon, and the Bible too. Learning of Christ is fun. Christ is everything. His love is such an inspiration to me. I love Jesus Christ.
I hope that this week is just as fun packed and exciting as the last week was. It is so fun to hear all of the fun things that you all do. Thank-you for all of your prayers!
Love Ya All!!
-Elder Sanford

No comments: