Saturday, May 21, 2011

This morning it was gorgeous outside. When I sat up in bed, without looking out the window, I could tell there were finally no clouds. That's something new for us these days. Of the last 50 days, 32 have had preciptation. I love rain so it's not really been too hard to bear. I have missed the sun though.

I decided to go out to the front flower garden and weed it. It was quite interesting to try and distinguish the plants from the weeds. We planted some perennial seeds last year and I don't remember what their seedlings look like. Some undesirable weeds look a lot like "keeper" plants. I did my best. We'll see in the next few weeks if I guessed right. I planted some of my Mom's day flowers. It's nice to "work the earth."

I sat on the swing and read afterwards. It was so pleasant.

No comments: